1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Web based market + Google apps account = fail?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by swaldrop, Feb 4, 2011.

1. swaldrop

swaldrop Member

Am I the only one who can't sign in to the web based market with my Google Apps account log-in? I have no issues using the same log-in for the phone itself, yet when I go to sign in on the web, it asks for a Google account only. Tells me that no such Google account exists when signing in with my Google Apps log-in. This is a true statement of course as I do not use a Google account, I use a Google Apps account.

What gives?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

I have no issues. When the web market first launched I couldn't sign in but after about an hour it worked and has been fine ever since.

3. swaldrop

swaldrop Member

And you are logging in with your Google Apps account that is associated with your domain name?

4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert

I never made an "apps" account.
    The only login I have ever used is my Gmail.

The web based market is great. ;)

5. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

no problems here. logged in with my gmail account and all works perfect.

6. Gnomad

Gnomad Well-Known Member

I can log in with my Google Apps account without a problem. Actually I have my home page set to iGoogle logged in to my Google Apps account. I searched for Android Market and went to the web page, clicked on sign in and I did not even have to enter username and password.

7. liewbob

liewbob Member

I have no issues logging in but under my account I get "No associated device" (or something like that) although all my apps show up. I was thinking it's cuz I rooted my dInc and am running Skyraider Athena ROM - but it would seem that Verizon might have more of a problem with this than Google. Waddyathink?

8. swaldrop

swaldrop Member

OK. Well, just so everyone is clear, there is a difference between a standard Google account (Gmail account) and a Google Apps account. They do not share the same log-in, but they can under certain instances.

Here is the issue... When clicking on the 'Sign-In' link on the Market site, it takes you to this page: https://www.google.com/accounts/Ser...roid.com/&followup=http://market.android.com/

This page asks for a Google account log-in. Not a Google Apps account. My Google apps log-in allows me to set up an Android device and such, but it will not allow me to log-in to the web based market. Not to say that I am never able to sign in to Google services with my apps account log-in. However, in this case, I am not. A lot of time, when dealing with other Google products, a Google Apps account would have it's own interface. This is certainly frustrating and is just one of many pit falls when only having an Apps account.

Is this not effecting anyone else?

9. Gnomad

Gnomad Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a Google Apps account set up on my Fascinate, not a GMail account. I followed your link and logged in with my Google Apps account and can log in and download apps without a problem.

10. ellianth

ellianth Newbie

In the admin panel for an Apps account there is permissions screen where the domain administrator can block the account from using certain Google services. Check in there for anything that might be related to the android market.