1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

web browser hanging and crashing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rulzo, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Rulzo

Rulzo Newbie

Sometimes while browsing websites and especially this forum when i click on a link the broeser status bar seems to just hang riht below the X and then like 2 minutes later loads the webpage. Other times it will just crash to the homescreejn without any type of crash report. If i press stop its more prone to crash then anything else. Anyone else have this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I can't say I did but I barely used the browser until Dolphin Browser HD updated to be compatible with ICS. I'd recommend it if stock keeps giving you problems.

3. FAQ

FAQ Newbie

My gnex started out great but started doing this exact same thing after a week.

Yesterday I exchanged it for a new one, it works great but the Verizon rep was a real ass about the exchange.

Hopefully this one holds up.

4. jse2480

jse2480 Newbie

I have the exact same problem. It seems as though it might be the conneection though. If I'm on 4G and it hangs, and I switch to wifi, it loads up.

5. landolakes

landolakes Member

Mine did the same thing for a week and then just started working again.

6. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

go into your app settings/browser/clear data.

7. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

The nexus has problems with javascript. The dolphin developer opened a bug report to google, so have I and many others.

8. Rulzo

Rulzo Newbie

I like the way this stock browser handles Tabs with seperate windows kinda might i say "iphonish." I used dolphin on my old phone and it was good but i again didnt like physical tabs. Ill clear my web data and also try Dolphin HD.

Is there any type of addon for Dolphin that makes tabs like that of the stock browser?

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. You can set dolphin to open links in new tabs.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews