1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

web browser vs search engine.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by quest7, Jan 1, 2014.

1. quest7

quest7 Android Enthusiast

Okay, I know this has been asked often and I search it already. But, far as smartphones go, which is better to use? Out of habit, I use Google search for everything. But, I'm wondering am I missing out on some tech goodies as far a switching to a browser. Thanks and Happy New Year.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if a web browsers is going to use Google search, why not just use Google search peroid?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you use a browser you can choose which search engine. That's probably about it.

Personally I always use a browser because I find search widgets to be ugly clutter, and can't be bothered with a separate search app which will then open a browser to view results. So I just open a browser to start with (and indeed freeze or uninstall the search app, as I don't use it).

quest7 likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The only advantage of using the search app is Google Now, and since I am not really a fan of that, I use a browser.

quest7 likes this.
  4. !on

!on Android Expert

Browser, because:

What on earth is that "persistent search bar" all about? It's just a button which takes you to the google search page! My phone already has a button for that! :rolleyes: . That gets removed every time.

I use the button for quick search, browser when I'm browsing.

quest7 likes this.
  5. dibblebill

dibblebill Android Expert

Failing that, my HTC One and Nexus 10 can both just swipe one tab left (I like having only 1 home screen) and I'm there. Why give me a persistant bar *grumpy*

6. quest7

quest7 Android Enthusiast

Hot dog, that cleared it up. My stock browser freezes up sometimes and I heard chrome runs through your battery.

Guess I wanted it simply, by using just one for everything.