1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Web Browser?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smokey Joe, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    Male
    Central Californina
    So what Web Browser do you all recommend? I have been using the default but since ICS update I have been having some small issues and would like to try something else. Thanks! :smokingsomb:

Advertisement

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    Maxthon has been my goto browser for some time, give it a shot. There are tons of other really good ones you could try, Chrome, Dolphin, FireFox, Opera Mobile, ICS Browser+, and there are a lot more... Just install some and try them out.

Smokey Joe likes this.
  3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    I've tried just about every browser and the tight integration and features of the Chrome browser are a winner for me. Everything in my PC's Chrome browser is available on the phone version and it is fast to load pages and video. No more need to re-bookmark pages or all that nonsense with Chrome because it's all there already.

4. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Jun 4, 2012
    VoIP/Telephony/IT Technician
    Bismarck, ND
    I fight between Chrome and Maxthon, it does almost everything Chrome does in a package 1/3 the size, including shared bookmarks, provided you use Maxthon as your desktop browser... (Why the heck is Chrome so big anyway? It is the largest, by far in most cases, of any browser in the market, yet doesn't have the advanced features of browsers half it's size)

On my work Rezound I use Chrome but do have Maxthon installed, and I use Chrome as my main desktop browser at work. I really like the tight integration and it is solid and stable, but no Flash support causes me to use a different browser at times.

On my personal Rezound I use Maxthon but still have Chrome installed. I got used to the gestures to switch and close tabs and have difficulties without them now, plus the ability to quickly toggle images on/off, change the UA (Appear to web page as Android, Desktop, iPhone) and WAP modes on the fly, toggle Night mode and "Bright Screen" mode, disable screen rotation, Quick Scroll, and a host of other features all with only 2 taps (and maybe a swipe to the side) and without leaving the app, and you can put any of these features on a gesture, it just cinches the deal for me. I also like the fact it has an actual "Exit" function that not only closes the browser but kills all it's processes too, plus you can just Home out of it and leave it in the background if you wish.

But again, most browsers have their strengths and weaknesses, I recommend trying several and learning their ins and outs and pick the one that you like best.

Smokey Joe likes this.
  5. ckar

ckar Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    San Diego
    I have chrome, but have one annoyance. When I start up chrome it doesn't refresh web pages automatically. I have to manually refresh them. Can't seem to find a setting that fixes this! Common issue?

6. gruss

gruss Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    IT
    Toledoish
    I love Xscope. Still like it better than chrome

7. Cares

Cares Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2010
    Chrome for open tab syncing between devices...too convenient to pass up.

8. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    I use Opera Mobile. My bad habit - have been using this Opera Mobile since the previous phone. :)

Tags: