• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Web Browsing Issues

I've been having a couple issues with web browsing, and can't seem to find any info on either. one is an actual problem, the other is an annoying feature I don't know how to shut off.

-Annoying feature: when scrolling web pages, I sometimes accidentally change the zoom of the page. How do I shut that off? It's really annoying and useless to me. I don't have motions enabled.

-Problem: every time I enter text into any text box on a website, whether it's as small as the Google search box, or as large as the text box I'm typing in now, the Galaxy S3 won't let Swype insert proper spacing or capitalization. It treats every text box like it's the URL bar. Any idea how to fix this?

Ah, ok.

There is a toggle for the double tap zoom, butno, not that. Sometimes when sliding my finger up and down in the browser (and stock email, too), the page zooms in and out as if I were using pinch to zoom. Each time I only have one finger on the screen and I'm trying to scroll down a page. It seems to be be near the edge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones