1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Web Browsing Painfully Slow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wordslinger, May 21, 2011.

1. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

I'm booting CM7 from a 2GB micro sd card. The card doesn't say what class it is. It's the free card Verizon gave me when I purchased my HTC Incredible back when it first came out. Web browsing is so slow that in some cases I think it's actually worse than dial-up, and therefore unusable. Everything else seems to work fine.

I'm assuming this could be a result of the card being too slow (it could be a class 2 card for all I know). I just want to make sure there isn't another potential issue before I buy a new card.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Have you tried different browsers?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that is a unbranded San Disk class 2 card.

Wordslinger likes this.
  3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

4. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

I picked up a Sandisk 8 GB micro SDHC Class 4 and CM7 runs a whole lot faster. Web browsing is much quicker, although scrolling on some sites can be a little sluggish sometimes compared to my Incredible. Watching a Flash video within the browser is usually choppy (the sound is fine). I'm currently using Dolphin Mini, but I've also tried Dolphin HD and the stock browser. Regardless, I've seen a huge improvement with the new card.

5. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

if you get something thats class 10 it would really help

6. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Not necessarily. It's the random access speed with small files that counts. See my link above for more details and a table that shows the fastest cards (of the ones tested) were class 2 and 4 Sandisk.