• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Web Browsing Painfully Slow

Wordslinger

Apr 24, 2010
I'm booting CM7 from a 2GB micro sd card. The card doesn't say what class it is. It's the free card Verizon gave me when I purchased my HTC Incredible back when it first came out. Web browsing is so slow that in some cases I think it's actually worse than dial-up, and therefore unusable. Everything else seems to work fine.

I'm assuming this could be a result of the card being too slow (it could be a class 2 card for all I know). I just want to make sure there isn't another potential issue before I buy a new card.

Thanks.

I'm booting CM7 from a 2GB micro sd card. The card doesn't say what class it is. It's the free card Verizon gave me when I purchased my HTC Incredible back when it first came out. Web browsing is so slow that in some cases I think it's actually worse than dial-up, and therefore unusable. Everything else seems to work fine.

I'm assuming this could be a result of the card being too slow (it could be a class 2 card for all I know). I just want to make sure there isn't another potential issue before I buy a new card.

Thanks.

Have you tried different browsers?

Oh, I'm pretty sure that is a unbranded San Disk class 2 card.

Reactions: Wordslinger
Upvote 0
I picked up a Sandisk 8 GB micro SDHC Class 4 and CM7 runs a whole lot faster. Web browsing is much quicker, although scrolling on some sites can be a little sluggish sometimes compared to my Incredible. Watching a Flash video within the browser is usually choppy (the sound is fine). I'm currently using Dolphin Mini, but I've also tried Dolphin HD and the stock browser. Regardless, I've seen a huge improvement with the new card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones