• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Web Cam for Smartphone

Welcome to the AndroidForums, BigBlueUK.

Yep, you sure can connect a webcam to your phone. There's several ways of doing this, but I principally use a wireless webcam to do my version of home security monitoring.

Check out this thread:

http://androidforums.com/android-applications/189991-remote-viewing-web-cam.html

By the way, the app that I mentioned, IP Cam Viewer, continues to receive at least an update or two each week. The dev is wonderful and I still think he's go the best app out there. Also, he did add the DVR function that I mentioned in the above thread.

Its not rocket science to get this setup, but you will have to do some amount of research and homework in order to choose a camera that right for you and within your budget as well as figuring-out how to get it setup (there are always a few little quirks that are unique to your setup (i.e., router, camera, etc.).

Good luck and remember, Google search is your friend, too :).

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones