1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Web Developing

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Yeowza, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Yeowza

Yeowza Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    Hello,

I am a web developer and I am thinking of buying an android tablet for work.

I was wondering whether honeycomb 3.2 has all the five major browsers and whether web sites display differently on them than on a desktop.

Also, can you get the firebug add-on for firefox? Are there good text editor apps like notepad++? What about XAMPP?

Sorry about all of the questions but I just thought of another. I was looking at the Asus Transformer and was wondering if it is possible to put windows 7 on it.

Thanks very much

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF :)

No, just Webkit(based) browsers, Firefox Mobile, and Opera Mini

Yes, they do look different. But it depends on 1000 things as to how different they look. But you should know this as a web developer :)

No idea, kinda doubt it. Firefox Mobile is very different compared to FF for desktops.

Take a Look at an app called Touchqode

Nope it wouldnt run -- I dont think Win7 can run on ARM processors still. Windows 8 should support ARM though.

3. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Female
    Tampa, FL
    unless i'm missing something, why would you put a desktop os on a tablet? wouldnt webos be more to your liking? (get a hp one if you can find one in stock)