1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support web page unavailable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iBleedBlackNgold, Oct 4, 2010.

1. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    I have this annoying thing that occurs ..... I will enter a shitload of data on a web page, be it a forum or facebook or whatever . when I click send, reply, post or w.e it then goes to a page saying web page not available ... sometimes I'm able to click back & all of what I just typed is there but there are times when its not .. when its not it can get annoyng .. it used to happen on my moment all the time & its just as frequent on my epic ..... anyone else get this ? its not going to cause me to dump the epic, but I'm thinking maybe browser related ?

Advertisement

2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    could it be the data connection is severed while you were entering text? do you have something checking and forcing the disconnect thinking that it's idle?

3. iBleedBlackNgold

May 21, 2010
    don't believe so ... not sure what to check for that either

4. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Didnt the update fix that,if it was caused by slow upload?

5. iBleedBlackNgold

May 21, 2010
    its always happened at times .. it has happened using wifi & not so idk where to begin checking really

6. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    USA
    That's a tough one. It could be the browser you are using along with its settings or add-ons, if any. Are you using a third party task killer?

7. iBleedBlackNgold

May 21, 2010
    no just stock task manager. phone has been 100% stock till 2 days ago and its happened since the beginning. I'm going to keep a closer eye on this issue to make sure it happens on wifi and not.

8. jmsnyc

jmsnyc Active Member

Dec 1, 2010
    this problem is now happening to me all the time, all of a sudden....

always getting "web page not available", sometimes i check and uncheck airplane mode and it comes back for a bit but then i get it again

i had upgraded to froyo a few month ago when it was first leaked but the problem just started occuring