• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Web pages not loading when on Wifi

FreeRangers

Jun 25, 2012
I've noticed an odd issue with my Nexus 5, and was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. When the phone is connected to wifi web pages will partially load, and never load the full page (all the pages I've tried will work on my Galaxy S3 on wifi). I have tried at home and at work and the issue still remains. I turned off wifi optimization on the nexus 5 and that fixed the problem for a couple of days, but yesterday the problem came back. The Nexus get a very strong signal strength, gets a valid IP address and is able to do everything else fine on wifi (send/receive email, browse the play store, etc...). I tried a different browser thinking that is was Chrome's problem, but the problem still happens when I use Dolphin and Opera.

I'm wondering if this is a software or hardware issue, and if anyone has any potential fixes.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones