1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

web pages reload when swapping back to browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rajohns08, May 7, 2012.

1. rajohns08

rajohns08 Newbie

IPhone didn't do this how do I stop this

2. SouthofOttawa

SouthofOttawa Well-Known Member

This is a really good question. Now that I think about it, this has always happened with every Android phone and version I have used.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Hmm, this doesn't happen with my Nexus or Prime (both running ICS). Are you using the task switcher or going home and then back to the browser?
    Sometimes if I go from browser, hit home, open another app (let's say Twitter), it will automatically refresh. Is that what you're talking about?

4. alcohol

alcohol Well-Known Member

I find this to be very annoying as well. Coming from windows phone.

I haven't figured out a way to stop this.

Also, multi-tasking on the one x has to "reload" all the apps. This isn't what i expected from android and it's true-multi tasking. Is this a HTC sense problem?

5. rajohns08

rajohns08 Newbie

here is a link to my other thread once i realized it was a multitasking issue and not just a browser issue: http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x/545146-multitasking-problem.html

here is a link to a youtube video where i ask a question about it and get a scary answer from vodaphone. please comment on it as well to make this a known problem:

Multitasking - HTC One X - YouTube

i think htc messed it up. i don't think this is an ICS problem

6. rajohns08

rajohns08 Newbie

i'm using the task switcher

7. rajohns08

rajohns08 Newbie

but yes i would prefer even if i hit home and opened up another app, i wouldnt have to reload my web page in the browser. iphone didn't make you reload the page, and i'm now realizing how convenient that was.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews