1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Web pages won't load over EDGE/3G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lororo, May 5, 2011.

1. Lororo

Lororo Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    Hi,
    I have this problem: webpages won't load when connected over EDGE/3G, however, last.fm app streams music (haven't checked if other apps works great when connected over 3G too). And this persists for quite a long time now. I'm writing just now, because I have been rarely browsing the Internet over mobile networks recently. Could this be the phone's problem or something wrong with the operator? Android version 2.1

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Have you only tried with the default browser?

If so, try another browser like Skyfire or Dolphin.

Does it work if you try and load webpages using wifi?

Have you ever been able to load a webpage?

Is it just some webpages? Can you go to your cellular providers website? Like Tmobile site or Orange website or Verizon or Rogers or whatever your providers website is?

Do you have a phone from a different provider and have you debranded the phone and did you leave the mobile MMS settings from the old provider? Do you need to program in the MMS settings for the data to work?

For me, when I open Settings my first option is Sony Ericsson, when I go into there it allows me to open Settings Download where it downloads my MMS settings from my provider. I think some phones don't have these settings and you need to manually setup your MMS settings. Open Wireless and Network, then open Mobile Networks, then have you setup the Access Point name? This information is unique to your cell provider.

That is probably our problem

Lororo likes this.
  3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Aylmer, Quebec
    I would suggest you reconfigure the APN

Settings: Wireless & networks: Mobile Netorks: Access Point Names

You can find the right settings online or by contacting your carrier.

Sometimes it's even automatic if you chosse "Network Operators" and select your carrier.

Lororo likes this.
  4. Lororo

Lororo Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    I tried with both default and Dolphin browser. Everything worked fine using wifi.
    I occasionally opened a browser today when connected over 3G and, to my surprise, it worked. Hope this is going to last. Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will let you know if this occurs again