• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Websharing App

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
I bought the full version of the Websharing app on the Marketplace. I have a HTC Evo 4G, rooted. The app gives very little documentation on how to use it. I know how to do batch downloads from the phone. But what I want to know is, is there any way possible to do batch uploads from the computer to the phone? I have a ton of MP3s I want to put on my phone, and I don't want to upload them one by one. And I have trouble connecting via USB, so that option is out. Any help is always appreciated.

Upvote 0
I bought a 32 gig SD card, so I was just going to put about 10 gigs worth of songs on it. It would take forever to upload 10 gigs worth of MP3s individually, so I was hoping for a batch process to help me.

Well, you can install Minus, get 11GB in a virtual pendrive shared on both your phone and your PC. Drop those 10GB of media files in it on your PC and prepare for a looong wait while it's uploading. Then for another looong wait while it's downloading to your phone.
And an astronomical phone bill.

No, really: streaming is your only viable, affordable, option, afaics.
And affordable only if you limit it to when you're on WiFi.

However, a virtual pendrive like Minus (on your PC) is very convenient for sending (very) large and/or many files to others!

Reactions: ebc1973
Upvote 0
Thanks. I may take up that suggestion. It may not be feasible for my use, as I use my phone as an MP3 player in my car. I just use a mini-cable to go between my phone and my car stereo. And as you know, Wi-Fi is not available when you cruise down the highway. For my purposes, I am going to need to keep the files local. But I really appreciate your help and suggestions. I will probably just pull the SD card and stick it in the card reader. As of late, I get "please insert a disk" messages when I try to use my EVO as a hard drive. Again, thanks a ton for the information!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones