1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Website Videos

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by PstarTV1, Feb 23, 2011.

1. PstarTV1

PstarTV1 Lurker

Hello Ok, I will admit this is my first android, is it posible to play videos stright from a website? I am using the right format & HTML5 I tried with no luck. I can download the video but want play on the fly..
    any help would be thankfull.
    Jim

Advertisement

2. Yes and no. If the videos are flash, and you have froyo and above, yes. If the videos are h264 codec, yes. If they are something different, like mov or wmv videos, no.

It would help if you gave us the site address so we can try and help.

3. PstarTV1

PstarTV1 Lurker

Hello sitlet
    I been seeing this word (froyo) I have a LG Ally 3G android 2.2.1 I don't think I have froyo and Flash is not install, I tryed to install Flash today it want let me, I can play Youtube just fine without downloading the video. I been trying a lot of formats even mp4..I will send you a test file I have been working on today, it's not html5

4. PstarTV1

PstarTV1 Lurker

Hellositlet
    Thank you for your help, I read Adobe Flash for Android 2.2 want be
    available until June, I guess I will have to wait.
    Thanks for your reply..
    "Jim"

5. Froyo is anything above 2.2. So you do have froyo and you should have flash.

mobile youtube doesnt use flash.

Huh? Flash comes with 2.2.

6. PstarTV1

PstarTV1 Lurker

Thanks for the reply Sitlet, well help me out here, do the video need to be streaming in order for it to play without you have to download?

7. I really dont understand that question. Are you trying to stream videos or download them? If you are trying to download them, then it doesnt matter if they are flash or not. You can download ANY file to your phone, regardless of whether or not the phone can play that file or not. If you are trying to stream videos, you have android 2.2, which has flash built in. So if the video is a flash video, then it will play directly from the browser. If it's a streaming h264 video, it will open in the stock media player.

8. PstarTV1

PstarTV1 Lurker

Thank you for your reply Sitlet, you are right it need to be streaming in order to play in your browser, I just found that out, I sign-up with a Video Streaming provider and upload a few and they play great with my default video player. I was trying to play the video file the same as computer.
    Thanks
    "Jim"