1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General webtop Q's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reddragon72, Jul 25, 2011.

1. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    So with all the other goodies the phone has, webtop is the one that I find kinda odd. I have a few Q's about it to try and understand it more. And yep I have been reading the Atrix stuff, but there are a few Q's that I think may pertain to the Photon only.

1. Webtop without the dock? I see that there are some hacks for the Atrix to get webtop running without the laptop add on, so I am wondering if the dock is the only way to get this going.

2. other apps. On the Atrix they can load a few apps, but the one thing I would love to see is googles chrome browser running. This would open all kinds of possibilities.

3. phone through the desktop. I know that you can use the phone interface through webtop, but what about all the apps? Does the phone interface bog down, is it set to a low frame rate?

4. I looked and didn't find anything about using logmein. This would be a great extra if it works in the firefox browser.

5. USB devices. I see the dock has a couple USB ports. Can these accept harddrives, USB mice and keyboard. Again just not enough info out there since the Atrix doesn't have the same dock as the Photon.

If I missed anything add it here.

Advertisement

2. jsward12

jsward12 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Massachusetts
    I wonder if Sprint will require a tethering plan like ATT requires for the Atrix.