• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Webview set to load variable, but it doesn't forget it upon exit

usmanfarhat

Lurker
Mar 29, 2013
Hi, I have set a Webview element to load a variable named %Code. The Code is a textedit element with predefined text. When the scene is launched, the webview shows the predefined text of textedit. that's good. Then I change the text in Textedit box, and I have already told tasker to change variable %Code to %new_value upon text change so the variable is updated. (told this in TEXT CHANGED tab of edit element). So, now the webview shows new text, because %Code is changed. That's exactly what I planned to do. BUT, when I exit the scene (with a destroy scene command), and re-open the scene, the webview shows the last text entered, which is in %Code, and the textedit element shows the predefined text. In the launching process, the %Code is not touched, therefore it has the last value. If I try to clear the variable upon exit, the next time I launch scene, webview shows text: %Code

I want that the webview shows the value of %Code but the value of %Code must be set as that of predefined text of textedit element, so upon launch, the text of web and editor should be same.

I can do it in manual way, that I set the value of %Code to my predefined text upon exit, but this is not right, as I may need to change that text again and again at times.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones