• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weee I Now Have Froyo (Got An Evo) And Its Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, first of all I gave up on Samsung and got rid of my Epic and purchased an EVO. FINALLY my push email works with 2.2 with almost the precision of the Blackberry system. I NEVER had reliable push e mail with the Epic and with 2.2 a third party server is just not needed. The flash player is great also. Samsung should be ashamed of itself for screwing its customers including myself. Hopefully Gingerbread is just around the corner!

Reactions: alex94z
How are the washed out colors and drab grayish blacks on that non-SAMOLED screen? :)

To have Froyo I would be happy with a black and white screen. The colors don't bother me at all, It's all about what I can get done with the phone now. For me the reliabialty of froyo's email push system makes it 110% worth it. If Epic ever gets Froyo you will see what I mean.

Upvote 0
To have Froyo I would be happy with a black and white screen. The colors don't bother me at all, It's all about what I can get done with the phone now.
To each their own, I don't think I could live with a non-SAMOLED screen on any device for the rest of my life (viewing friends' Droids makes me think they're ancient cell phones from the 90s).

I haven't had any problems with stock 2.1, including push, but if it worked out better for you functionality-wise, best to you!

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you are happy with the evo! :)

Moderator in me issuing a reminder... Rude and unnecessary responses will earn you a warning/infraction/ban. Let's keep it civil.

Teaser title edited to prevent a shit storm of "I didn't get froyo yet on my epic" responses.

Upvote 0
Push email works fine for me on 2.1

Wow well for me it was very unreliable with 2.1. I could get the mail if I went to the accounts manually but the automatic pushes would work sometimes but more of the time not at all. GMail did work fine however. With 2.2 I have it set to update every 1/2 hour and like clock work bing bing bing they come in from all the accounts right on time almost as reliable as my old Blackberry. I have to admit to see my mail coming in like that was very exciting and to me well worth the price of the EVO. Now watch next week Samsung will squeeze out 2.2 between its tight cheeks just to spite me.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear you are happy with the evo! :)

Moderator in me issuing a reminder... Rude and unnecessary responses will earn you a warning/infraction/ban. Let's keep it civil.

Teaser title edited to prevent a shit storm of "I didn't get froyo yet on my epic" responses.
Some part of me thinks this should be in the HTC EVO area. But great for the OP

Upvote 0
Some part of me thinks this should be in the HTC EVO area. But great for the OP

He's letting us know that he has moved on. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Thought this was an Epic Section for forums?

See above. He's letting us know that he moved on from his Epic to the Evo which WOULD be the correct forum.

This thread isn't going to go over well.... I'm just going to lock it down now.

OP - Seriously though, I'm happy that you got a phone that you are happy with and I'm sorry that people feel the need to be rude in their responses.

Best of luck with the Evo! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones