1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird Auto Reply

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hypo Luxa, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Android Enthusiast

So I don't know if anyone has any ideas here but I dont know what else to do. I have Handcent and my stock texting app is disabled. I have no external auto-texting app installed, but when someone texts me, not every time but it will often automatically send a reply back "In a meeting". I have gone through the settings a few times and I cannot for the life of me figure out what app is causing it and why it is happening and its driving me absolutely insane! Has anyone else seen this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

Do you have a smart action enabled that causes it? That is my guess..... ;)

3. Hypo Luxa

I kinda thought that at first too but I never had an Auto-reply setup but just to sure I deleted all my smart actions.. not disabled but deleted them. still doing it

4. rahulwadhwani

rahulwadhwani Member

how do you disable the stock texting app?

5. Hypo Luxa

I don't know if it is technically 'Disabling' but I turned everything off like notifications and alerts and everything like that. Literally deselected every selectable object before I installed Handcent.

6. Hypo Luxa

It seems like it is only doing it for the first text by anyone to me. doesnt seem to do it if there is a thread going already

7. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I had a meeting scheduled in my calender and the "Smart Actions" app caused this same problem. I tried everything I could think of with no resolve. I even tried to clear the app cache, with no luck. I removed all events from my calendar, still no luck.
    Finally, I uninstalled "Smart Actions" app. (must be rooted) and it fixed the problem.

8. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

that can also happen if you have a blacklist set up and it delivers a message

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews