• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird battery issue

99direwol

Lurker
Apr 28, 2016
So I got the v10 shortly after it came out and love it. I was able to get lgs promo for the free 200gb sd card and extra battery which has been awesome. I am running it on att and just recently upgraded to marshmellow.

I love having an extra battery to quickly go to 100 around the end of the day but today I had a weird issue. My phone was getting super low around 10 percent. So I'm like okay no problem time to bust out the second (charged) battery. I swap them out and low and behold after it boots up it claims the second battery is at 10 percent. Disappoint I am second guessing myself and just think I forgot to charge the extra battery the night before. I turn the phone off and finish the work day. When I get home I plug both battery up to charge and after I boot the phone back on its still reading 10 percent. After about 2 or 3 minutes it suddenly tells me that my battery is fully charged.

My guess is the optimized battery saver with marshmallow is malfunctioning ? It seems to have pick up the place of the first battery without reading the actual charge in the new charged battery. I knew that battery was charged too but turned the phone off just to be safe.

I tried to recreate the incident a few moments ago. Switching to the near dead battery and back to the charged one but it's now working as it should. Hopefully a one time event but has anyone with a second battery noticed this after the marshmallow update ? I had no issues with the prior software version.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones