1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcwhopper96, Oct 23, 2014.

1. mcwhopper96

mcwhopper96 Lurker

I have a weird issue with the battery in my lg volt. Every other day, the battery life is terrible. I use my phone about the same amount everyday. One day I will have 45-50% at 11 pm, and the next day, my phone will be dead by 6 or 7 pm. This pattern cycles every other day. It's been happening for a few weeks now. I charge my phone every night when I go to bed. I have no clue what the problem might be. Any help would be appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aml1025

aml1025 Android Enthusiast

Have you checked in Settings under Battery to see what's eating the majority of your battery life? It's a good place to start in order to know what might need to be fixed.

If you take a look and post the results, someone will probably be able to help give some ideas on what to do next. :)

3. mcwhopper96

mcwhopper96 Lurker

From the look of it, it seems to be cell standby is taking up 62% of the battery

4. ricksz

ricksz Newbie

The phone constantly hunting for a 4G connection can possibly do this. If you have your Network Mode set to LTE/CDMA you might want to change it to CDMA and see if the battery continues to drain at the same rate.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews