• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird battery problem

I am on 2.1.

When I charge my battery it will show 100% charged and few hours later without doing anything, it will show its at 89% and it will charge again.

Anybody having the same problem?

Yep. Normal Behaviour.

It normally works like this:

Plug in phone to charge. Light is yellow to indicate charging.
When it reaches 90%, the light will go green indicating you are charged, but should keep it in till it reaches 100%.

At this point charging will stop (though plugged in) and when the battery gets to 90% it will start charging again.

This is pretty much how laptop batteries work.

Best to do for your battery is try charge when it's almost dead and unplug from the charger when it's at 100%. This will help prevent "memory loss' in the battery and keep the battery lasting as long as the first day you got it.

Anyone should avoid the 'I'm at 80% let me charge it and plug in it for the night while I sleep"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones