• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Battery Problem.

Hey guys,

So I've had my myTouch 3g since September, and it has been great. But, for some reason, my phone lately has been running out of power a lot faster than usual. About two days ago, I installed Swift for Twitter, and Bloo for Facebook. Are these apps known battery wasters?

Also, I had installed WeatherBug this morning, and I loved it. I was trying to figure out if that was the reason why my phone was running out of power so fast, so I uninstalled it. Does this app use a lot of power?

And last, I am using Power Manager, and Taskiller to kill my running programs. However, I do have the Retro Clock Widget running on my homescreen (time+date).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I just charged my phone, unplugged it when the green light turned on, and 15 minutes later, it's already at 88%.

Thanks!

Try getting rid of some of those widgets and make sure some of those social networking apps aren't signed in to. Also, you may wanna look into Task Killer because I've been reading some pretty interesting things about it - something on the lines of making your phone slower - so, you should cheek into that.

You shouldn't be doing this often, but turn off 3G when necessary or completely. Are you connected to some sort of WiFi in your house? Try disconnecting from that, but I doubt that's the problem.

Try using another battery and see if that's the problem.

Upvote 0
I installed Swift for Twitter, and Bloo for Facebook. Are these apps known battery wasters?

Also, I had installed WeatherBug this morning, and I loved it. I was trying to figure out if that was the reason why my phone was running out of power so fast, so I uninstalled it. Does this app use a lot of power?

And last, I am using Power Manager, and Taskiller to kill my running programs. However, I do have the Retro Clock Widget running on my homescreen (time+date).

Every app that updates itself regularly will run down your battery. But if you set to update to 30 minute intervals or hour intervals then there is less drain on the battery. I love Weather Bug I always have the widget running and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I have the refresh interval set to 1 hour, how much can the weather change in an hour, and plus you can fresh it yourself by touching the widget or the addition in the pulldown menu.

Facebook and Twitter apps also need to have shorter refresh intervals. The whole point of them though is to stay up to date, so its a difficult balance, but the Facebook widget will drain your battery.

Anyway, and app that refreshes a lot, or a lot of widgets on your homescreen will drain the battery. If the problem persists after you correct these things, take it back to T-Mobile, and I'm sure they'll get you a new battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones