1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird battery usage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssick92, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ssick92

ssick92 Android Enthusiast

So I got my extended battery a couple days ago, but it seems to be getting less usage time out of it than my standard battery. I was looking at my battery stats when I saw this weird blip. Can anyone help explain this? I never plugged it in since this morning when i woke up.

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ssick92

Nobody seen this before?

3. *idroid*

*idroid* Newbie

i dont know if this is it but looks like you lost mobile signal right when it dipped down

4. nixter1911

nixter1911 Newbie

Check out this article (and follow him on twitter - he knows his s***!)
    Galaxy Nexus signal issue may be to blame for battery woes - Computerworld Blogs

For those of you who don't want to read it:
    JR (guy who wrote the article) watched his battery life throughout the day and noticed that the battery drain and signal issues seemed to go hand in hand. His battery significantly dropped when his mobile signal was weaker.

Since reading that article, I checked my battery usage and I noticed the same thing. Glad I got the extended battery!

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

That's nothing new and is something that happens on EVERY cell phone.

6. ssick92

Fact.

That isn't really why I was skeptical about my battery. It was more the fact that it dipped down, then shot right back up after probably 30~ minutes. That was the strange part to me... but I haven't had it happen again so it must be a "moo" point (-Joey Tribbiani).

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews