1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Weird bluetooth glitch after using odin to flash KG5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smartie, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Smartie

Smartie Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Hi,

So after getting fed up with waiting for kies to offer me 2.3.4 for my unbranded uk S2 (xeu), I decided to read up on how to flash the firmware with Odin, which was very easy to do but now I've got a weird glitch with regard to bluetooth!

If I enable it via the notification bar, a song would start playing (one of the mp3's on my sd card I'm guessing) & would continue to play until I turned the bluetooth off but if I enable it by either going via the wireless settings menu or by using the notification widget it works fine, it turns on without any music starting :thinking:

What's happening now is, since I set up what notification sound I want in the phones sound settings, that sound now plays everytime I enable bt via the notification bar, everything else with phone is working ok as far as I can tell but I'm at a loss as to why this glitch is happening since flashing the new firmware with Odin.

Advertisement

2. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro

its not a glitch its part of the update I guess a notification to let you know when bluetooth is on and conected. some ppl may use bluetooth alot so need a warning I guess

3. Smartie

Smartie Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Yep looks like your correct, I just noticed when enabling BT via the notification bar that a message does pop up just above the notification bar saying that bluetooth has been enabled (hence the sound I guess, although why it chose a random song first of all I have no idea!), that message doesn't flash up if I enable it via the settings menu or via the notification widget.