1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird browser issue - does my phone have a fault?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CaptainQuint, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CaptainQuint

CaptainQuint Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    I've searched a few pages in looking for threads on this problem and googled it but I've found nothing, which leads me to think my phone might be faulty.

Basically, when using the stock browser, does anybody else experience the really annoying feedback issue when sliding one's thumb down a web page to view its content? Nearly every time I flick (or slide) my thumb to scroll down, the page will suddenly spring back up to the top again - seemingly of its own accord. I've noticed it only seems to do it when trying to scroll down from the top of the page - the very instant I lift my thumb the page will just shoot back up to the top again. It's REALLY annoying!

I've tried different convoluted thumb gestures in an effort to keep the browser from erratically ignoring my desire to scroll down, but nothing works - I flick my thumb upwards to scroll but nine times out of ten it'll just spring the page upwards again. Coming from an iPhone, I'm not sure whether this is simply a quirk of an Android phone (I've updated to the latest version of Gingerbread) or does it mean I have a genuine fault?

As I said; the problem does not manifest itself when I'm already half way down a page or anywhere else - I can scroll freely and the page will remain where I want it - it only happens when I start from the top of a given web page - which of course means every single time I visit a website or open a new window. Right now it's the one major downside to my S2.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Advertisement

2. matttye

matttye Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    Are you scrolling around before the page has finished loading? Mine fires back to the top if I do that, but it works fine if I wait until its fully loaded.

I use dolphin browser hd which is faster than stock and doesn't have this problem, you might want to try it. :)