1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird bug in mail - my name gets multi-repeated in from when sending...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by torevor, Sep 28, 2011.

1. torevor

torevor Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    When I send an email to myself from my GMail account, using the Mail app (not the GMail app), when I receive the email, it has my name and email address concatenated together multiple times in the From address, ie:

Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith (billsmith@gmail.com; billsmith@gmail.com; billsmith@gmail.com; billsmith@gmail.com; billsmith@gmail.com; billsmith@gmail.com)

(repeated 6 times)

One important note is, the message contains my email signature twice:

Sent from Samsung Mobile
    Sent from Samsung Mobile

So, my guess would be that this email is perhaps the result of some sort of an auto-forward to myself, of emails sent by myself.

Under account settings, always cc/bcc myself, I have selected "None".

I have a hotmail account set up as well, and if I send an email (from my GMail account) to the hotmail account, that account receives 2 emails, one from Billsmith, and one from Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith; Billsmith (with the double footer)

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this??

Advertisement

2. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Lurker
    None

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm getting a VERY similiar problem. It seems the stock Samsung email app will send multiple replies/emails for a single email. For instance, if I send an email to dave@gmail.com once, he will receive the email randomly ~2 times.. and sometimes one of the copies will CC dave@gmail.com multiple times (CC: dave@gmail.com,dave@gmail.com,dave@gmail.com,dave@gmail.com).

I've also noticed that when REPLYING to a message, the reply email will do something similiar in CC/emailing multiple copies, and one of the copies will contain multiple attachments of the text of the original email (even when this was obviously not requested or selected).

Any ideas?

3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

i had a weird problem, not very similar to this, but also with my name that the recipient saw.. instead of seeing my full name, like it should, the recipient would see my id, like (HeshanJ) instead of the full name.. i dont remember how i fixed it, i just removed the account and added it again, a couple of times.. not very helfpul, i know, but u could try.. its been fine afterwards

4. slazer

slazer Lurker
    None

Mar 22, 2012
    Anyone figure this out yet? I am experiencing this as well. I hit "reply all" in an email and when I look at it after I see that it sent it twice to everyone, and each email address in the "To:" box is multiplied several times, just lowercase email addresses, no proper names. Makes me look like a weirdo with a crappy phone, but they're wrong! The Note is awesome!

5. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Like the previous post said, delete the account and add it again. Also, try clearing data / cache from that app. Look for it under "settings/manage applications" under the all tab.