• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Bugs...

fastpicker89

Mar 6, 2011
Okay, so this is my first android and I'd really appreciate feedback.

Having a couple of bugs here and there:

1) My contacts that transferred over won't sync with Facebook contacts. I've been told this is supposed to happen immediately, but it's been since the 19th.
2) After trying to sync with DoubleTwist (I think I got a dud SD card), it died on me and then wouldn't turn back on without being plugged into charge first. This happened several times.
3) Some widgets take a while to appear. Handscent, the app itself, takes a good 5 seconds to load, which is annoying because it's text and should be quick.
4) The screen takes about a second to turn on when I unlock it.

Are these normal errors? Is this something I can expect to be fixed in an update or something?

I really appreciate it.

The screen doesn't take longer than any other phone to wake for me. I don't sync facebook contacts, use Doubletwist, or Handscent so I can't comment on those. You should go to those app pages in the Android Market, go to email developer, and tell them your issue. Be sure to mention you have a Droid X2.

Upvote 0
my main concern is music skipping (from any source i've tried so far...slacker, amazon, straight from the sd card) when doing any kind of multitasking. come on, a dual core phone can't play music flawlessly and browse the market or web at the same time?

Glad I'm not alone in this. I guess they have a bug to fix. It is certainly a surprising thing to get past QC.

It seemed to improve massively when I switched from Launcher Pro back to Blur.

Upvote 0
I am having this same issue..... I am going to send it back.. I listen to music all day and it's beyond annoying. My dx never ever did this. I called verizon tech today and they tried telling me my memory was too full? I have 5.6gb free on my 16gb card! Same card worked flawless in dx. I think it has to do with the bloat.... my internal memory is almost full and I only have a few apps!

Upvote 0
Okay, so this is my first android and I'd really appreciate feedback.

Having a couple of bugs here and there:

1) My contacts that transferred over won't sync with Facebook contacts. I've been told this is supposed to happen immediately, but it's been since the 19th.
2) After trying to sync with DoubleTwist (I think I got a dud SD card), it died on me and then wouldn't turn back on without being plugged into charge first. This happened several times.
3) Some widgets take a while to appear. Handscent, the app itself, takes a good 5 seconds to load, which is annoying because it's text and should be quick.
4) The screen takes about a second to turn on when I unlock it.

Are these normal errors? Is this something I can expect to be fixed in an update or something?

I really appreciate it.

I have noticed #4. I do have that issue.

Upvote 0
1. Do not use facebook on Android, since seems a resource hog to me (JMO)
2. Do not use Double Twist
3. Not seen the widget issue (but another battery drainer, IMO)
4. No screen delay using power or home
5. I noticed the skipping issue with MP3s sometimes too. On the positive, sound quality is very good and plenty of volume and gain :) Assuming the skip issue is fixed :(

Suggested settings for audio in Media Audio Effects

1. Enable audio effects
2. Effects profile = custom
3. Surround = Live
4. Equalizer = Bass punch

Probably a cache issue, since it seems to happen when other apps are accessing data in the background. This happens to some degree with all Android devices, just not normally the level currently on the DX2.

I have been listening to tunes using the stock player and notice that if minimum apps are open, it plays fine. Try accessing settings or press buttons, or another app and it will "click" skip some.

Definate need for fixing. Especially considering how great the device sounds through quality earbuds :)

Still, HOW DID MOTOROLA NOT CATCH THIS??!? Seems they nailed a lot of stuff, but missed other things like the audio issue and the Facebook-type stuff.

Upvote 0
I've noticed the music hiccups also. For me, it only happens when playing in my car over bluetooth. Pandora, Poweramp, stock mp3 player...it doesn't matter, they all do it. Hiccups last about 0.5 seconds, and happen about every 8 to 15 seconds.

Every once in a while though, the music will be fine and not hiccup at all. I'm still trying to figure out the correlation - doesn't appear to be a low memory or disk space issue, as I've tried killing all tasks and I don't have a lot of stuff installed yet. Doesn't relate to having wifi on, or depend if it is charging or running from battery. My X2 is rooted through gingerbreak, but not running any custom ROMS. I'm running launcher pro - I haven't tried reverting to moto-stock to see if that affects it.

If anyone figures this out, let us know!

Upvote 0
my main concern is music skipping (from any source i've tried so far...slacker, amazon, straight from the sd card) when doing any kind of multitasking. come on, a dual core phone can't play music flawlessly and browse the market or web at the same time?

Have you tried doing a video recording with it yet? How does it play that back? Mine did the same thing as yours but the Video record and playback was studdering and smearing....The store checked it out this morning...played with settings and gave me a new one...we tested it before I left and it works great. I noticed on the way home Slacker no longer skips and neither does my music that i have on the phone.

Upvote 0
Have you tried doing a video recording with it yet? How does it play that back? Mine did the same thing as yours but the Video record and playback was studdering and smearing....The store checked it out this morning...played with settings and gave me a new one...we tested it before I left and it works great. I noticed on the way home Slacker no longer skips and neither does my music that i have on the phone.

i only did a little testing with video recording...both recording and playback seemed fine (from the internal storage).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones