• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Charging problems

Do you have to charge with the Motorola plug? I was just using an apple charger and mini usb from my captivate so I didn't have to open my accessories. Last night my phone froze at 30% (and I missed my alarm) but I reset it this morning and plugged it back in and it was at 100% I took it back and they replaced on the spot. So I ran down the new battery and plugged it in to charge it up and it charged to 30% then a popup came up to disconnect to conserve energy? It wouldn't go away until I shut the phone off and restarted it. Has anyone had a similar problem? Do I just have to use the Motorola accessories?

Do you have to charge with the Motorola plug? I was just using an apple charger and mini usb from my captivate so I didn't have to open my accessories. Last night my phone froze at 30% (and I missed my alarm) but I reset it this morning and plugged it back in and it was at 100% I took it back and they replaced on the spot. So I ran down the new battery and plugged it in to charge it up and it charged to 30% then a popup came up to disconnect to conserve energy? It wouldn't go away until I shut the phone off and restarted it. Has anyone had a similar problem? Do I just have to use the Motorola accessories?

That is your problem. Why not open your accessories? Did you check to see if the voltage on the chargers were the same? It says right when you turn on the phone (or somewhere cause I remember being forced to read it) that the motorola charger was set up for motorola phones.

Reactions: asuprice
Upvote 0
That is your problem. Why not open your accessories? Did you check to see if the voltage on the chargers were the same? It says right when you turn on the phone (or somewhere cause I remember being forced to read it) that the motorola charger was set up for motorola phones.

I already had stuff that I thought worked. Didn't realize there was a difference. I used to use an old blackberry charger at work too for a few different phones and never had a problem. Hope that's all it is. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I already had stuff that I thought worked. Didn't realize there was a difference. I used to use an old blackberry charger at work too for a few different phones and never had a problem. Hope that's all it is. Thanks.

Hope it works for you. I have several chargers and have given thought to using them for various phones but they all have different voltages or currents or nothing listed at all. I don't want to take the chance and plug it in and have it smoke or something like that. Let us know what happens either way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones