• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Clicking noise...

DarkNeo

Android Enthusiast
May 30, 2010
Los Angeles
I noticed a weird clicking noise coming from my EVO while I jump into the Layar app. As it turns on the camera and also when I clicked back out of it. Anyone used this app and having the same issue? The screen also looks like a it flickers a bit as it it switches from the cam back to the layar menu. I restarted the phone and now its not doing anymore. But I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else had that issue.

Reactions: ngonzalz
I just downloaded the Layar app on my HTC EVO and noticed the *clicking* as soon as the camera turned on. When i used the back button to return to the main screen it *clicked* once again and the screen *flickered* as well :thinking: ... Not too sure that this is a healthy app to used on the HTC EVO ... although I'm sure i'm just being paranoid or something...

Upvote 0
The clicking is not normal. Mine just started doing it a minute ago on my Evo that I bought on launch day. First it said it couldn't save pictures because I didn't have permission to use the SD card or something like that. I rebooted, no SD card messages but now I get a clicking sound.

Mine does it when I back out of the camera app. If I reboot the phone, it doesn't do it anymore for a bit. After I go into the camera app and back out a few times, it starts to click.

Upvote 0
mine has clicked since day 1.

as for you SD card issues... do you have all the OTA updates?

I installed the first OTA on launch day. I didn't install the latest though.

Mine just barely started clicking a few minutes ago, and it isn't clicking at the moment. I think it will probably start again though if I go into the camera app and back out a few times though.

I should have also mentioned that it got pretty warm while that was going on.

Upvote 0
I always hear a sound when I change the focus of the camera to a different distance. But it's not a clicking sound but more of an electric motor sound. I've always had that motorized sound since I got the phone, and immediately knew it was the motor to focus the lens. So not sure if that's the noise you guys are hearing. Haven't heard any clicking when using the camera, and believe me, I've been using the camera almost everyday. :)

Upvote 0
I always hear a sound when I change the focus of the camera to a different distance. But it's not a clicking sound but more of an electric motor sound. I've always had that motorized sound since I got the phone, and immediately knew it was the motor to focus the lens. So not sure if that's the noise you guys are hearing. Haven't heard any clicking when using the camera, and believe me, I've been using the camera almost everyday. :)
No, that is a different sound. My Evo is making the "clicking" sound on just about every screen now. If I swipe a certain way, it clicks (pops might be a better description). It sounds kind of like a static electricity discharge or something like that. Like you just grabbed a metal doorknob and got shocked...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones