1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird coding message pops up when starting tablet.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ChrissiHa, Jan 16, 2021.

1. ChrissiHa

ChrissiHa Lurker

I've noticed that a weird message would pop up a few seconds after turning on my tablet. The message appears a few seconds after my home screen is loaded (before clicking on any apps) and disappears after a few seconds.

I am not familiar with any coding languages.
    That's why I'd greatly appreciate any help

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

is this all the time this happens? or randomly? if nothing else is wrong with your device, i would just ignore it. it could be just a glitch. if it really bothers you, you can try and flash a firmware update and see if that fixes it.

ChrissiHa and Dannydet like this.
  3. ChrissiHa

ChrissiHa Lurker

Thank you for your reply.

It actually happens every time after I turn on my device. It does not necessarily bother me but I am concerned why this would suddenly pop up as I have no explanation for this message.

4. ocnbrze

which Tab A do you have?

ChrissiHa likes this.
  5. ChrissiHa

ChrissiHa Lurker

I am using the
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A sm-t580

6. ocnbrze

well that came out in 2016 so i'm not surprised. devices have a shelf life of about 3-4 years. you are way past that. so the only thing i can see to rule out it being a software issue is to do a factory reset. if it still happens then it is not a software issue, but it could be a hardware issue.

maybe it is time to look for an upgrade in the near future.

ChrissiHa and Dannydet like this.
  7. jMave

jMave Newbie

See here for background: https://sqlite.org/index.html
    Perhaps you need to do a full clear cache? That is done by going into Android start-up via the power & vol+ keys (or whatever is the sequence for your tablet). Google is your friend!

ChrissiHa and ocnbrze like this.
  8. Alexenferman

Alexenferman Member

It's an app which is trying to request data from a SQL database that was not found. It may be a installed app which is causing this issue. Do not fear, it's not a hacker, but just an app which is getting an error when connecting to a database.

ocnbrze and ChrissiHa like this.
  9. ChrissiHa

ChrissiHa Lurker

Thank you to everyone who replied. I will consider clearing my cache as this had been suggested.

Fortunately this issue does not really affect my device. It just bothered me because I did not know what was causing the message to pop up but your replies gave me some clarification on that.

ocnbrze likes this.