• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird Contact List issue - need help!

reno55

Jun 20, 2010
So in my contact list I have no duplicates however when I go to select a contact to add to my favorites list there are dupes and even triplicates....any idea on how to fix? where are these dupes and triples at cause when i just go into contacts they dont show up

Not sure which phone you have, but on the Captivate I went to 1) Contacts 2) Hit the settings button 3) Chose Display option 4) choose which one you want to be able to see (i unchecked everything but Phone (excluded SIM, Google Mail, and Facebook contacts).

This happened because you synced your contacts I'm guessing when you synced your e-mail and facebook info with the phone. And if you want to REMOVE them from the phone you actually have to reset the phone to factory standards and then the next time you add an e-mail and/or facebook info you have to choose to not "sync contacts" (again this was on the Samsung Captivate so might differ from your phone)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones