1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird Controller lag every few seconds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Retinazer Lazer, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Retinazer Lazer

I'll be using an Xbox one s controller via Bluetooth to play mobile games and every few seconds it will lag in a weird way and I don't know if it's my controller or phone. How can I fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

try a different xbox controller. as well as try using the laggy controller on a different phone. this will determine which is the issue. i do not think there is anything else you can do. i mean there is no software tweaks when it comes with controllers.

MrJavi and puppykickr like this.
  3. Retinazer Lazer

Here is a video on what is happening

4. Retinazer Lazer

It'll really suck if there is no way to fix it but I'm pretty sure it may be the phone because I tryed playing it with a friends controller and it did the same thing

MrJavi and puppykickr like this.
  5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

The phone has 3GB of RAM.
    Perhaps that is not enough to run a game like that, especially when using an external contrroller- that uses even more resources.

Heck, I am not a very good typist, and I experence lag when typing 'fast' {fast for me} with my bluetooth keyboard on a 1GB device.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Retinazer Lazer

No it's not that because the phone handles the game perfectly fine it does it with all mobile games even stadia and that doesn't need much processing

7. ocnbrze

8. Retinazer Lazer

I think it may be the phone since I tryed it with my friends controller and it still did it but I hope there is a way to fix it

9. Retinazer Lazer

It's only with controllers so far

10. ocnbrze

yeah not sure what you can do then other than either factory reset it. have you tried a controller that is not an xbox controller?

11. Retinazer Lazer

Not since it started happening

12. Retinazer Lazer

I really don't wanna factory reset

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Given that in another thread from last year, someone else was reporting the same issue with an Xbox One controller and another Samsung device. Any "fix" would very likely either need to come from Microsoft or the Android device manufacturer.....Microsoft will probably say they only support Xbox One controller with Xbox One console....anything else...Good luck!!

Has anyone else tried a Bluetooth Xbox One controller with another Android device, that isn't Samsung?

#14 mikedt, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    ocnbrze likes this.
  14. Retinazer Lazer

I've never had a problem with non Samsung phones

15. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Ok then, so it's apparently an issue that Samsung needs to fix then.....Good luck!

16. Retinazer Lazer

Yep thx

Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A20 (2019) release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7884 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews