1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird date designation for nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by corybantic, May 17, 2011.

1. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member

I recently flashed Destroyer to my phone and it was working great for about a day and a half. During this time, I customized it with all the apps, widgets and settings as I wanted them; I even did the GPS fix for the first time and it worked great. In other words, I flashed everything correctly, including the gapps zip (didn't flash a kernel tho).

The bad news was that it didn't last. As I mentioned, I was only able to show off my new Rom for a day and a half before it started "acting up." My first indication of this was that I couldn't long press on my desktop in order to bring up the Add to Home Screen box and, various applications started to force close automatically.

So, I booted into recovery, did a nandroid back up, reflashed a different ROM (Myn's Warm 2.2) and it restored everything back to how I had it set up with Myn's perfectly - no problems there. I rebooted into recovery again hoping to restore the previous Destroyer nandroid backup (I'm using CW) and, here's where it gets weird, when I went to my restore list I noticed something odd: usually nands are formated in a "year.month.day.hour.minute.second" format but, my last nandroid, the Destoryer, was dated thusly: 1980.01.06.18.45.16, ???? Did I go back in time or something? I attempted to restore the Rom but could only get so far as the boot animation screen. :-(

I'm assuming that I must've corrupted the restore file somehow. So, after a lengthy post...has this ever happened to any of you, where you get a different date entirely?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Lol some times a day in advance depending on greenwich mean but never 1980 lmao

Did you drop it in a hot tub time machine?

3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Spill some chernobyl on it?

4. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member

Ah, oh well. At least my phone didn't get bricked!

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i think your problem might have been going back and forth between sense and aosp. you have to make sure that you wipe and wipe some more. i manually wipe system, dalvik cache and cache then i use caulkin's format all zip just for good measure.

corybantic likes this.
  6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

LMAO.

Mine is always around five hours fast, but five hours fast is much better than thirty years back.

7. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Central time zone?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews