• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Dialer Issue

humungus

May 23, 2010
I've got jury duty tomorrow, so I had to call in to the automated system and enter my jury ID number and pin. The ID number is 9 digits and the pin is 4 digits. When punching these numbers in using the stock dialer, the system I was calling kept messing up. It didn't prompt me like it should, and when it read my entries back to me, they were wrong. The system would report that I'd entered 88 when I'd entered 80 or something. I tried this 3 or so times before I started to think my phone was the problem. I called back with another phone and it worked fine (it was some old Motorola phone but I've actually interacted with this system using my iPhone 3G in the past just fine). I called the system back with my X and, this time, punched in the numbers slowly (half a second or so between key presses). This time, everything went swimmingly.

I haven't replicated this on other automated systems, but it's clear at least one of them has a problem with the X's stock dialer when it's used quickly. Anyone have a similar problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones