• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird Dinc Settings issues

ckelly33

Android Expert
Jun 14, 2010
I don't know if there is a software conflict somewhere on my Dinc (I probably have 20 or so apps from the Market - 25% of those are first party Google apps).

Anyway, I have weird but persistant issues with my phone:
1. In call volume has a slide bar that goes up & down on the screen - but has no effect on the actual in-call volume,
2. Speed dial - once a week or so, on or more of my numbers just drop out - the phone somehow disassociates the speed dial from the contact
3. Notifications don't always sound audibly - leaving me to find them when I happen to use my phone
4. I havent used Google Sky in a while but twice in the last few days I used it for whatever reason - it was very inconsistent. I could move it around and the stars on the screen may or may not line up, I'm guessing this is a gyro issue??
5. Last night (and this my be a one-time occurance), the phone produced an error....it didn't shut down or anything but when I went into my full apps list, all of these odd settings files showed up mingled with my apps. That was 'fixed' with a battery pull. However, once I pulled the battery and it restarted, the app I was looking for was missing...I went to the Market to redownload it, found it and it showed the app still on my phone,

A little concerned about my phone.

I might be able to help with option #2. Do the numbers that drop out of speed dial have a pause in them?

I had a friend's number at work programmed on speed dial with his extension and used the "P" to pause between dialing the number and extension. It would work fine.. then a few days later, he was no longer programmed on speed dial... just disappeared.

I changed the "P" to "," or sometimes two ",," and the problem went away completely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones