1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Weird Dinc Settings issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ckelly33, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    I don't know if there is a software conflict somewhere on my Dinc (I probably have 20 or so apps from the Market - 25% of those are first party Google apps).

Anyway, I have weird but persistant issues with my phone:
    1. In call volume has a slide bar that goes up & down on the screen - but has no effect on the actual in-call volume,
    2. Speed dial - once a week or so, on or more of my numbers just drop out - the phone somehow disassociates the speed dial from the contact
    3. Notifications don't always sound audibly - leaving me to find them when I happen to use my phone
    4. I havent used Google Sky in a while but twice in the last few days I used it for whatever reason - it was very inconsistent. I could move it around and the stars on the screen may or may not line up, I'm guessing this is a gyro issue??
    5. Last night (and this my be a one-time occurance), the phone produced an error....it didn't shut down or anything but when I went into my full apps list, all of these odd settings files showed up mingled with my apps. That was 'fixed' with a battery pull. However, once I pulled the battery and it restarted, the app I was looking for was missing...I went to the Market to redownload it, found it and it showed the app still on my phone,

A little concerned about my phone.

Advertisement

2. EagleBoy

EagleBoy Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I might be able to help with option #2. Do the numbers that drop out of speed dial have a pause in them?

I had a friend's number at work programmed on speed dial with his extension and used the "P" to pause between dialing the number and extension. It would work fine.. then a few days later, he was no longer programmed on speed dial... just disappeared.

I changed the "P" to "," or sometimes two ",," and the problem went away completely.

3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    CRNA
    Tennessee
    Nope no pauses, the format is 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.