1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird download

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by captainp85, Jul 30, 2013.

1. captainp85

captainp85 Lurker

Hello, I was browsing the internet on my phone and all of a sudden I get a download on my phone for pokerstars. I turned off my internet and stopped the download. Has this happened to anyone before? Should anything more be done?

Thank you

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Hi Capt and welcome to Android Forums!

The only thing I can think of is maybe there is some malware on your phone that is trying to install other apps. I would run a full scan with AVG anti-virus. If that app is not on Play, then that's cause for concern and a factory reset to get id of any nefarious software that might be on your phone.

It also might not actually be a download, but rather a push notification advertising it and offering to take you to the download page. Unwanted push notifications are an unpleasant reality.

Maybe someone else has another solution, but that's what I have for you :eek:

It's great to have you here!

captainp85 likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

I think you've unintentionally touched a download link on the web site.
    Now it's just an .apk file of this game in your folder Download ... and not installed it'd do no harm.

But if you don't find this .apk file in your folder Download you'd follow the Chief's advice :)

Harry

captainp85 likes this.
  4. captainp85

captainp85 Lurker

I don't think it is malware because I haven't had any problems since, but thanks anyways!

Ya, I believe it was an unintentional link because there is no .apk file. Thanks!

Harry2 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Gio Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Gio release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews