• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Weird Droid 2 Car Mount Problem

When I have my phone mounted and plugged in it says it's charging and it has the little lightning bolt charge symbol in the battery, but then after like 20-25 minutes it says it's not plugged in or charging but then when I unplugg it gives me the 'disconnected' message as if it was in fact connected and charging. I try to re-plug it in and then it doens't even acknowledge it.

I've already returned the first mount because I thought it was the problem but apparently it's the phone.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I really like the mount besides this problem

I have the soft, rubber case for my droid 2. Like others have explained, even after removing the insert from the car mount, with the case on my droid2 it just can't be jammed down enough to make good contact with the car mount's usb connection on the bottom.

I just took out my dremel, and in five minutes cut out the usb connection area on the bottom of the mount. Now I just connect my usb cable directly to the droid 2 through the cut out.

Works great. The mount is plenty stable with the droid2. Cutting out the usb connection area does not effect the magnet, so the car dock app is still launched automatically. (PS, there are better, free car dock apps out there on the market.):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones