1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird folder in app drawer problem..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Baldilocks, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert

A friend of mine has a GS II with 2.3.4. When she creates folders on one page in the app drawer they don't show. The only way she can see them is if she switches to List View.

I thought I read something about that here a couple months ago, but after all my searching I can't find an answer.

Anyone have any suggestions? If she makes two pages they show up fine but she really only wants one page of folders in the App Drawer.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Let me understand this, she wants only one page in the app drawer, filled with folders that contain the actual icons, am I right? and If she has a minimum of 2 pages in the app drawer all is fine but if she has just 1 pages the folders don't show, right? testing on my phone to see if it's a general touchwiz issue or not..

3. Forbidden 403

Sorry, I was unable to replicate the issue on my S2, but I am running ICS though the TouchWiz version is the same on both.

BTW i did a little calculation, if she keeps only 1 screen in the app drawer full of folders the maximum number of icons that can be fit are 192 (16 folders and 12 icons per folder). Ask her to try a different launcher if she is unhappy with TW.

4. Baldilocks

Correct. I can't reproduce the problem either with 2.3.6 but I DO remember reading about this very problem here about 4-5 months ago.

5. Forbidden 403

Hmmm... can't solve it if we can't reproduce it. Probably the issue will go away after an update. in any case I don't think 2 pages is all that bad, is it?

6. Baldilocks

No, she's just wondering why they disappear. :)

7. Forbidden 403

Tell her it's a feature ;)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews