1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird Galaxy problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kimaster1976, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Kimaster1976

Kimaster1976 Lurker

Im having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Ace S5840

These are the symptoms:
    Text messages dont come through unless i keep turning my phone off and on
    It can take me 7 or 8 attempts to send a text
    Cant make calls
    People call me and it goes straight to answer phone despite them standing right next to me with full service and network etc.

Now here's the weird bit, its only happening when im at home in mornings or nights, all during the day at work or if im out elsewhere at the weekends it works fine.

Ive had a new sim does the same so cant be the sim, ive tried the sim in a different old Sony Ericsson phone and it does the same so cant be the phone.

Im lost, Orange dont want to know they say its the phone, Samsung said send the phone to them they will repair and send back in 2 weeks but I know the phone will work fine when it gets to them so they will do nothing.....

Any help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

I don't know the exact solution to your problem, but whenever there is a problem you can't solve, do a factory reset.
    If its the software problem, it will set things right. That's all samsung will do at the service centre, and probably install a fresh software just to show that they have done something big on the phone.
    If the reset doesn't help, then u need a new software flash anyways. So there is no harm in trying a reset yourself. Just backup your apps and user data, because that will get erased by the reset.

3. Kimaster1976

Kimaster1976 Lurker

Hi, i have done the factory reset, but prob remains.

The exact same problem happens with my gf iphone and childs blackberry.

We are all on diff networks and have diff phones yet get same symptoms only in my house and all fine elsewhere.

Is there anything in the home that can be causing this because its the only solution?

4. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member

It seems that the reception in your home is not that good...tried using another phone with the same sim? :)

5. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Its probably the reception in your home, observe your network signals when you face this problem next time. A detailed signal strength is also displayed in the about phone section in the settings menu, keep an eye on it, compare it with inside your home readings and outdoors.

6. Kimaster1976

Kimaster1976 Lurker

Tried different sims, different phones problem persists.

I always have full reception in the home and full bars as do the other phones that enter my house yet this still happens.

Ive disconnected my wi-fi, a satellite receiver box that beams the signal upstairs and shut down my laptop in the hope one of them was interferring with the phones but to no avail.

Ive ran out of things to try or do.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

have you tried using your phone in 3g/2g mode while at home.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews