1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Weird google mail sync issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sapv, Oct 19, 2010.

1. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    For the last 4 hours I am unable to send/receive gmail..anyone else experiencing the same issue? Contacts and calendar working fine..

Advertisement

2. iploya

iploya Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Try this (if you haven't already):

Go to Power Control widget (in Apps). 2nd icon from the right controls sync/refresh or whatever. If it isn't highlighted, Gmail doesn't check mail in real time. Something like that.

sapv likes this.
  3. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I checked it. It is on. The contacts and calendar sync is working perfectly fine. Here is something weird i noticed. My Gmail app is not working now. Not getting email. When i search for Gmail app in the market place i am unable to see the app for my samsung captivate. I know the gmail app got upgraded to 2.2. may be that is causing instability on 2.1 devices that came without gmail preloaded????? Anyone else seeing this?

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    My gmail's working fine. Try rebooting your phone. That usually clears up emai/sms issues for me.

sapv likes this.
  5. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I rebooted the phone (holding volume and power button down) twice but the problem still persists..i am going to try another method of hard reset and see if it clears it..or i have to do the painful factory reset :thinking:

6. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    i did all sorts of reboot..gmail app issue is still there...dont know why

7. BookLover

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Did you add any new apps recently?

8. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I added angry birds..and i did an update for ADW launcher..after angrybirds i did not notice any problem..after updating ADW launcher i started having problems with gmail...do i need to remove ADW launcher..reboot and see if that solves the problem? i dont want to unnecessarily uninstall apps that did not cause the problem

9. BookLover

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Yes. That's what I would do. Sorry you have to go through that, but better that than a hard reset.

10. sapv

sapv Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    I tried all stunts. Nothing seem to revive my gmail app. I uninstalled ADW launcher and all related things to that (like ADW themes etc.) and i did a hard restart (removed the battery and booted again). Gmail app is still not working. also, i am unable to see Gmail app in the market place for my samsung captivate. Does this mean that i have to give up and do a factory reset and reinstall all apps again?

11. BookLover

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    Have you uninstalled your Task Killer? That seems to resolve this particular issue with a lot of folks.