1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Weird horizontal lines in screen, cannot be removed (photos)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drive88mph, Jan 14, 2012.

1. drive88mph

drive88mph Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2011
    I posted something similar in the past but didnt get a proper answer, it turns out that a few weeks ago i started noticing some weird grey horizontal lines at the bottom of the screen, you can sometimes barely see them, other times very easily, it seems that when you have a white background they are very easy to see, but i just cant seem to remove them, they are static, they dont look like dead pixels (already triend a dead pixel fix app from market for a couple of hours with no luck), they look more like the screen were folded in some way and then straighten back.

I got some photos i took with my iphone, since you cant see the lines if you take a screenshot, please check the bottom part because thats where most of the lines are concentrated, they are grey and very thin,i really hope someone can hlep me because if its a warranty thing i will have a bad process with this since i bought the phone when i was living in europe and im back to mexico now. So i dont know if Samsung provides worldwide warranty with phones which i really doubt it

thanks all!

Attached Files:

Advertisement

usez28 likes this.
  2. jwal

jwal Newbie
    None

Jan 9, 2012
    I also get these lines on my screen :/

3. drive88mph

None

Oct 2, 2011
    Yeah they suck big time...but i have find out that they come and go depending on when my phone was turned off and on.....im on a custom rom but planning to move to STOCK once ICE CREAM is out

siennaplus likes this.
  4. drive88mph

None

Oct 2, 2011
    installed stock rom...no luck this is a defective screen definitely....hoping i can receive a replacement...

siennaplus likes this.
  5. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    I have also noticed this on my S2, I have had 3 S2's due to other issues and only the 3rd one (my current one) is like this!

I find when I first turn the phone on there are these lines and the left side of the screen is very very yellowish... Only the left side thought!

I have found that those above problems are only there when first booted and all I have to do to remove them is turn the screen off, then on again... SO basicly lock the phone and unlock again and the problem is gone! It's absolutely mad, I don't know why it does it, I have also tried many different ROMs and they are all the same in terms of this issue.

It's not a huge problem cos all I have to do is turn off the screen then on again but I am not happy because it shouldn't even be like that, its an expensive phone and all I have had with my S2's is problems although I have to admit it's a great phone!!

But anyway I digress, i do have this problem and it does suck (when its visible anyway). :)

siennaplus likes this.
  6. drive88mph

None

Oct 2, 2011
    it is A HUGE PROBLEM because yes like you say it its an expensive phone

Im returning it because whenever i leave it ON for more than 10 mins, the screen is a total mess. would hate to do this turn on turn off thing.Its not even possible to read.

siennaplus likes this.
  7. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    I also have this on my phone as well.

Has anyone figured out if it is soft ware or a hardware issue? Is it a problem inside the phone or is it a screen issue?

siennaplus likes this.
  8. FCBarca

FCBarca Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    Same issue, top half of the screen...Not rooted, 4.0.4 recent upgrade and still persists...Display brightness adjustment does little to make a difference

siennaplus likes this.
  9. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2012
    Mine was a bad screen, I got the screen replaced and it was fine again.

siennaplus likes this.
  10. siennaplus

siennaplus Lurker
    None

Nov 19, 2012
    Dear Friends,

Even i am experiencing horizontal line on my Samsung Galaxy S 9100G. The lines are there since last couple of months and the phone is only 8 months old. I wanted to know if this problem gets solved by replacing the screen in warranty and also wanted the contact details of Samsung service centers in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. I had once installed custom ROM on the phone which i didn't like it much and later reinstalled the Stock Samsung ROM. I installed ICS as well but the phone became extremely slow and i had to reinstall ginger bread 2.3.4 back on it. Please provide some inputs on this issue, it will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

11. siennaplus

siennaplus Lurker
    None

Nov 19, 2012
    Hi Friends,
    Just to update all of you and any one and everyone who faces this Horizontal/vertical grey lines on their Samsung Galaxy SII GT I9100G. It is indeed a Hardware issue and not a software issue. I had tried installing all the official Samsung stock ROM's from Ginger bread to Ice cream sandwich and even the custom ROM's of Cyanogen, AOPK etc but still the thin horizontal gray lines were there on the screen. I could even make them out on the Lock screen and even during the boot screen when Samsung logo comes up. So if you are still facing this problem than the Only solution is to get the Super AMOLED+ display screen replaced. Mine was replaced free of cost by the Samsung Authorised service center (Al-Nadi) in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. The warranty in Saudi Arabia is provided by the Al-Nadi for free replacement of parts & labor for 1 year after purchased and an additional 10 Years warranty only on labor charges there after. The Al-Nadi service center replaced the Super AMOLED+ screen and the entire front bezel and also updated my phone to latest official Samsung Ice cream sandwich 4.0.3 and returned me the phone next day. They could have done it in few hours the same day as well but they were not having the AMOLED display in stock so had to get it from Samsung. I had to put a new scratch guard for the phone as the earlier one got replaced with this new display screen. Over all now the phone looks brand new and performs really fast with ICS 4.03 and the new display is just crips, sharp, bright and Vivid.
    Thanks a lot to Samsung and Al-Nadi (Authorised sevice center for Samsung in Saudi) for replacing my display and solving this annoying gray line problem for such a good phone. I just love my Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100G model and going to keep it for a very long time. Hopefully with this service experience my next phone could be again from Samsung stable.
    Will shortly update this post with Al-Nadi Website link and their contact numbers just in case anybody living in Saudi needs it for claiming their warranty.

Regards.

usez28 likes this.
  12. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    We get so many complaints and bad news here, that sometimes its just nice to hear something good once in awhile...

Good job Siennaplus.

Cheers

13. RoRo1990

RoRo1990 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    This seems similar to an issue I had with my psp. It was pretty much a defective screen it started happening after a year the only way to fix it is to place the screen