1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird htc desire s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ayinlaolajide, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ayinlaolajide

ayinlaolajide Lurker

My htc desire s has no android market app, and it doesn't install .apk files. The files just sit there. When i double click em, it says unsupported format. And there is no app store pre installed on it. Also, it has no 'settings' icon, instead it has 'phone settings' icons which does not have the same options available in settings. Judging from the manual, it looks like its from china. Pls, how do i get it to install .apk? Its not brand new though

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

Please give us some detail regarding your phone's software, if you can. Your phone might have a custom ROM.

Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information and post the Android version, HTC Sense version and Software number here

If you can't access the above, then please follow the instructions here by FoX777 to run the 'getvar all' command under 'Fastboot' and then post the results. Don't forget to remove your device ID/IMEI from the list.

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews