• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird hue using auto brightness

Reverence

Android Enthusiast
Jun 21, 2010
So I just got my phone two days ago and I have auto brightness set which works well. What I do notice though, and it might just be in my head because I read the issues with the pink hue on the screens, is the following.

When using the phone normally it looks great, the screen looks really nice. When you place the phone down and have the screen timeout set (I have mine set to one minute) a few seconds before it goes to sleep mode it dims the screen, and if I'm on my main home screen it looks fine, however, if I'm on a page where there is a lot of white like a white background, it seems as though the screen takes on a weird hue right before it shuts off. I wouldn't say it is a pink hue, but it is definitely a weird hue. It isn't that big of a deal because like I said, it only happens before the screen automatically times out.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what are your settings (screen timeout time, is auto brightness on or off)?

So I just got my phone two days ago and I have auto brightness set which works well. What I do notice though, and it might just be in my head because I read the issues with the pink hue on the screens, is the following.

When using the phone normally it looks great, the screen looks really nice. When you place the phone down and have the screen timeout set (I have mine set to one minute) a few seconds before it goes to sleep mode it dims the screen, and if I'm on my main home screen it looks fine, however, if I'm on a page where there is a lot of white like a white background, it seems as though the screen takes on a weird hue right before it shuts off. I wouldn't say it is a pink hue, but it is definitely a weird hue. It isn't that big of a deal because like I said, it only happens before the screen automatically times out.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, what are your settings (screen timeout time, is auto brightness on or off)?
I can't find "weird" on a color chart. ;)

That said, auto-off makes no difference on mine. Under fluorescent lighting, the screen seems to be a bluish white, going to bluish-gray when it dims. The blue tint may have more to do with type of lighting, my purple case, or my eyes than with the screen itself. Anyway, as you say, it's not bothersome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones