1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

weird icon on my screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dennhop, May 15, 2011.

1. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

I've got a weird icon that just showed up on my screen tonight...its an upside down bubble, a slash, and an L on its side. Ive attached a screens of it. Its in the top right of the notification bar. Anyone know what this is?

[​IMG]

GrandMasterB likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pedtech

pedtech Newbie

phone mute mode?

3. T_VASS

T_VASS Member

I really hope you arnt talking about the icon between the 3g and gps bc thts telling you your phone is silenced lol

4. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........:eek:

yeahhhhhhh.....about that.....
    damn...
    I'm an idiot...

5. Ezduzit08

Ezduzit08 Member

How's that task killer working out for you?

6. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

I had it on my droid, and installed it on the Tbolt too...I thought about deleting it, after reading through the threads about task killers, but figured I'd keep it just in case...I don't know whether it's really worth it, but it does work when I need it..

7. youngdoc

youngdoc Well-Known Member

That's great. It's like looking at one of those optical illusion images -- I had to stare at the mute symbol for several seconds before I realized that it could be seen as three separate elements as you described.

McLabia likes this.
  8. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

Lol...yeah, I'm an idiot, haha..take the hard way to try and figure something easy out, lol

9. OnyxC6

OnyxC6 Lurker

Thanks for the chuckle...
    I've been there a few times my friend... ;-)

10. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

Any time bud! LOL

11. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

I know this is kinda dumb, but I just had to do a full factory reset on my TB, long story, and in another post. Now I can't for the life of me remember what that skin was in my original post....anyone help? I really don't like the factory HTC skins, and that one's closer to my droid was setup, so it's easier for me to navigate it.

12. infinite012

infinite012 Newbie

Looks like you had a launcher app such as Launcher Pro running the Froyo launcher.

13. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah looks like launcher pro

14. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

Thanks again guys! I downloaded launcher pro, it was close, but not it, so I kept looking for more launchers, and realized it was go launcher ex. Got it all figured out now!

15. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

This thread is epic. Lol

16. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

You sure it's an "L on its side"? :p

[​IMG]

djb28 likes this.
  17. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

Yeah, looks like that task killer is working out great for your battery

18. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

LOL

Never said I was smart...just over time, I'll figure something out...I figured it was better to stay in the same thread as what I'd started out before, than to start a whole new one, for one single question, that I was going to need to use the same photo for.
    As far as the task killer, I've turned it off since, so that it's not running in the background, but after reading through the thread on it, I decided to just keep it in case I did need to nuke an app for some reason or another. Whether or not it truly makes a difference, I don't know-that's for people a lot more knowledgeable than me to figure out...I'm just an average consumer, with a curiosity that gets me in trouble more often than not.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  19. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

Revisiting Android Task Killers and Why You Still Don’t Need One… - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Remove the task killer. If you need to kill an app, go into your app management and do it there. App killers do one thing. Kill your battery.

20. dennhop

dennhop Newbie

Fair enough. task killer gone.

21. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

Task killer is just another app stealing battery life. I have friends that use it and I just laugh when i see it now...

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews