1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird image showing on my girlfriend's LG G5. Please help !!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cecchi, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Cecchi

Cecchi Lurker

Hello everyone. Kinda desperate here.

My girlfriend had very annoying issues with her Galaxy S5 in the past and decided to change to an LG G5 (4 months ago).
    Today she was using her phone as she's used to but suddenly the image below appeared and she can't use it anymore. She already tried removing the battery and putting it on again.

Please, if anyone could help us it would be greatly appreciated.

WhatsApp Image 2017-02-02 at 00.57.50.jpeg

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Has she tried restarting it yet? If she just holds her finger on the power button it will power off and restart eventually. A full restart can fix some problems. Also is the battery fully charged? I kind of looks likes it's trying to say replace the battery.

Welcome to the Android Forums Cecchi!

3. dosei

dosei Member

OP, it looks kind of like the modular bottom is detached or loose while the power is on. Tried turning off the phone, and push the bottom upward. I believe there should be a click or sense of the bottom latching on to the top. Turn the phone back on. Hope this helps.

leiwphd and psionandy like this.
  4. leiwphd

leiwphd Newbie

Is there any update? Did you fix this?

5. gadgetman805

gadgetman805 Lurker

Your base that holds the battery could be bad. There are circuits in there for charging and speaker etc. They a different one if you can.

6. 9878

9878 Newbie

Did she receive an update lately? I got this screen after a restart. Mine also had wording something like "Please use a supported module." This is the module that came with the phone! I had to take the module out and unplug the battery and reinstall before I could go further. Now I am also having shut off problems when trying to take a picture or receiving a text when phone is less than 50% battery.

7. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

I don't know..but to me looks like the battery is cappute..maybe the phone came with a bad one..it wouldn't hurt you try that angle..

Let me know.

LG G5 Forum

The LG G5 release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews