1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Weird issue with note

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nisssmo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Have not had any issues with my note until today. For some reason it is taking waaaaayyy to long to unlock .What could it be?

Advertisement

2. when Is the last tIme you reset It?

3. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Sometimes you just need to pull the battery for 30 seconds, try it and see what happens :D

4. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

+1 to this, and I recommend also that you turn the phone off and back on at least once daily.

A reboot a day keeps the bugs away.

-Ryan

JeepGG likes this.
  5. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Will try that. Thanks.

6. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Tried and still no dice. Any other ideas?

7. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Any other ideas gents ?

8. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member

Look at what apps are running. After that I would contact ATT. I am assuming that your phone is stock

9. james27007

I know this is not a good answer, but when my phone (any of them) starts having an issue of any kind for a long time, it is time for a factory reset (twice). 99 times out of 100 that can fix it. But you lose everything in the process :(

10. ShaunAnderson

ShaunAnderson Lurker

When you say "(twice)";...do you mean to do back to back resets?

My phone just started having this problem this week. Apps and everything else are fine, but I can press the unlock button and give a good solid 5-count before I see the screen to unlock the phone come up.

11. ShaunAnderson

ShaunAnderson Lurker

Called Samsung and they haven't heard of this either. Going to head up to the ATT store to see if they'll give me a new one.

12. mpw

mpw Android Expert

In my experience if you call a manufacturer with a problem that they haven't addressed publicly (recall/law suit/known issue they have a cheap fix for) they will never have heard of it, even if everybody on every forum is talking about it; deny deny deny must be the call centre script!

13. james27007

yes I mean back to back, do a reset; once it it all done, before you start setting everything back up (except what you need to to access the settings menu), then factory reset again. Fixed both my phone and my wife's skyrocket's issues

14. h8isbad

h8isbad Lurker

only problem i had was i heard my phone's text message alert and 10 mins later when i finally decided to get up i tried turning my phone on and it didn't come on. Battery wasn't dead as last night before i went to bed it was around 40%.

I solved this issue by pulling the battery and putting it back in. Hopefully i'm w/o issues from now on.