• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird noise and muffled music.

scarletb77

Lurker
Jul 22, 2019
hi. So basically I was watching youtube on my phone and suddenly the video paused and my phone made a weird pop, or crack sound. Then muffled music started playing from the speaker. It was some pop or hip pop song I've heard before, can't remember exactly cause it freaked me out haha. So basically I turned off my phone and have been very scared of it haha.. Any suggestions on what to do?

Last edited:
hi. So basically I was watching youtube on my phone and suddenly the video paused and my phone made a weird pop, or crack sound. Then muffled music started playing from the speaker. It was some pop or hip pop song I've heard before, can't remeber exactly cause it freaked me out haha. So basically I turned off my phone and have been very scared of it haha.

I'm thinking it's a hardware problem. The crackling happening doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Sorry, my friend.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones