• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help weird notification

fcortes626

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2011
Los Angeles
today i woke up to see a weird notification on the notifications menu. it had an orange star on it and it said something like wanted summer workers. i accidentally tapped it and it opened my browser but i closed it because i had no idea what it was so now its gone. did any one else get that notification?

It's called an Airpush, it's not really a virus but an app you have has the right to push sms messages to your phone. I use dr web light and it'll tell me if i install an app with this and give me the option to uninstall it. Some emulators, mp3 download apps have them. There is no threat unless you click the link and end up with a virus.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
Thank goodness I've only had this happen 2X and I immediately new which app it was. One of them was a free theme for ADW. Don't remember right off hand what the other one was.

Just a heads up on a app the Kaspersky says is a trojan that's on the market. It's the free screenshot app. I was doing a virus scan of 1 of my external HD's and it picked it up. This is a known issue because I've had it in the past but Kaspersky is one of the best at ruling out false-positives and even with the most up2date anti-virus and definitions, it still says it's a trojan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nZWVrc29mdC5zY3JlZW5zaG90Il0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones