• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WEIRD phone issues...re: clock and screen

rag133

Nov 17, 2009
OK this is just weird. I cannot figure out what is going on. TWICE now in the last 2 weeks my clock became off by about 12 hours or so, and both times it happened in the same place in my basement! It was 11PM, but my phone said 11:30 AM out of the blue. When I reset the phone it went back to the correct time. About this time my touch screen also went haywire and would not respond, the docking station would not respond, the screen refused to turn on, and I had to pull the battery twice, but it seems to be working ok now.

Has anyone ever had this happen? It was just odd because both times it was in my basement around 11PM.

Yes, the unresponsive blank screen has happened to me 3 times now, which is annoying to say the least, since my phone is the only way to reach me for my job.

I can usually tell when it is coming, because my text messaging screen will start flickering before it is going to happen, then all of a sudden, the screen just blanks out, and no matter how many times I turn it off and on, it just wont respond or restart, even when I take out the battery, or have it on the charger. The first time it happened, it did that all night, and would not work again until about 1pm the next afternoon.

I have had the Droid 2 since day 1, and am hesitant to bring it in to get it replaced, since I have completely customized it for myself, and it is full of pictures, music, etc. I also feel like if I take it to be looked at, and the screen is not flickering of turned off, they won't be able to do anything anyway.

At least I know I am not the only one having these issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones