• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Weird predictive text

furious duck

Apr 19, 2010
Hi

As of yesterday my predictive text has gone weird. It seems to be making very odd choices of words when I'm typing a text. It also seems to be including some foreign language characters which I think are Turkish. I've checked the language settings and it's definitely set to English. The problem isn't application specific as I've tried both the default messages application and Handcent but it appears to be specific to the Touch Input keyboard as SwiftKey keyboard appears to be ok. Just as an example I've just tried to type the following - "my phone is doing weird things" and it comes out as "my iPhone is doing Wierdo things" the "s" in "is" is also a Turkish character with a squiggle underneath.

I've tried rebooting but it's the same deal. I prefer the default keyboard so I really don't want to go to another one but this is driving me crazy.

Anybody any ideas?!

Cheers

John

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones